Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feliz Semana!

I hope everyone had a good week and a good Sabbath! Today I participated in a march that was put on by the Adventist conference down here. I cant quite remember what it is called.

It was not at all what I expected. It was inside a small stadium (very hot) and all the Adventist communities in Pucallpa participated. It was pretty interesting. Each big group would come up one at a time and march around the center of the stadium. I actually marched three times. Once with my community, once with Peru Projects, and a third time with the women.

An interesting fact about last night, a frog found it´s way into my room. And me, being the brave woman I am, asked Edie to get it. She attempted several times until the cat just ran in got it and left with not problem. I kind of felt bad about the frog dying, but I really didnt want it jumping on my face in the middle of the night!! lol
Every Friday and Sunday night, we have small group meetings with the young adults/youth. In the middle of vespers last night, we heard this loud animal sound and Edie and I didn´t know what it was. To me, it sounded like an animal that could attack...turns out it was an owl! haha

I have been trying to practice my Spanish a little more, but I have to be honest, it really hasn´t improved much :( I keep meaning to carry my dictionary with me, but I forget most of the time.

I am here at the internet cafe with my new friends Tone, from Norway, and Marvin, from Iquitos. Tone is a short term missionary and she goes back home to Norway in about a week. She is here visiting and helping out. Marvin is 16 and he is a student. He was on his way to Lima for school, but he got robbed and lost all his money and all that he had. So he is here short term until he can get to Lima. Please keep him in your prayers. We are waiting to get picked up by Beto (I think I already talked about Beto and Molly).

Okay, well that is all for now! I hope all is well for everyone who reads this!

I send my love!
Amber

1 comment:

Jason said...

keep up the good work! our next conversation will be in spanish so you can get more practice! =)